Here is a great commercial: The Great Obama, may his name be praised, and Michelle are going out to a political event, and they are talking to their two girls. The Great Obama, may his name be praised: You mother and I are going out, so you know what that means. Girls: Yes, Crazy Uncle Joe is coming over to "babysit" The Great Obama, may his name be praised: Who is in charge? Girls: We are, but we have to pretend he is The Great Obama, may his name be praised: Very good. And what is the most important rule? Girls: Don't let him near any reporters. The Great Obama, may his name be praised: Very good. And keep away from any blunt objects. One more accidental blow to the head, and who knows what will happen.
When you're forced to explain your own vice-president's remarks, you're losing. But that's just what President Obama was doing in an interview with People magazine, as AP reports (notice how our smartest president evvvvver always gravitates toward the toughest interviewers)?
It's worth pointing out that Joe Biden's clumsy foray into racial politics has damaged the Obama campaign in two different -- but still significant -- ways:
(1) Lost in the press hysteria over Sarah Palin and...
- Sanitizing terror: Has the press distorted Islamic radical’s crusade against gay men? Noah Rothman 26 mins ago
- Family friend tells WaPo: Yes, Darren Wilson did suffer an eye socket fracture Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Let’s play ‘What if a GOP’er Said It’ with Harry Reid’s racially insensitive jokes Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- NATO: Russia has moved artillery units and personnel into Ukraine Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Hamas executes “collaborators” as Israeli air strikes target leadership Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- White House: That round of golf after the Foley video was released doesn’t show the depth of Obama’s grief Allahpundit 3 hours ago