What is perhaps most striking about Secretary Panetta's action is that it reverses the combat exclusion policy that...
Are these the same Joint Chiefs that didn't know they had a radical Muslim in the Army which shot up Ft Hood and killed a lot of innocent unarmed soldiers? It is too bad we don't have Stormin Norman around anymore. The present lineup sucks.
With little discussion or fanfare, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta lifted the ban on women in combat that has been in effect for as long as there has been a U.S. military. Feminists and some women serving in the military are applauding the move as a victory for equal rights. They claim that justice requires nothing short of opening all positions to females, regardless of the consequences to combat effectiveness, unit cohesion, or military readiness, factors whose importance they minimize in any event.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 31 mins ago
- Scarborough: A certain network should cover Bridgegate clearing as much as allegations Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Following Scotland’s lead: 25% of USA residents open to breaking away Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Video: Does watching NFL games make you an ‘enabler’ of domestic violence? Guy Benson 3 hours ago
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 3 hours ago