Apparently, the Senate thinks the medical device tax in ObamaCare is a pretty bad idea and voted to repeal it last night.
The Senate overwhelmingly passed a largely symbolic resolution calling for repeal of a 2.3 percent tax on medical device companies on Thursday, as more than 30 Democrats joined Republicans in approving it.
The tax helps to fund President Barack Obama's 2010 healthcare law. It applies to a range of medical products - from bedpans to expensive heart devices - many manufactured in the home states of the senators backing the repeal.
- Senate’s possible 2016 hopefuls gambling that ISIS war will be unpopular soon Noah Rothman 11 mins ago
- Biden to women’s conference: I miss Republicans like Bob Packwood Ed Morrissey 51 mins ago
- Bob Beckel: Get ready for an October surprise, Republicans Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Cardinals clash over divorce, communion ahead of Vatican synod Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Josh Earnest: Ignore Obama’s military critics because they served under Bush Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Jobs plan from WI gubernatorial candidate looks mighty … familiar Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago