I still don't understand why people take drugs. Can't they just pour themselves a nice shot of bourbon? On the other hand, as Gary S. Becker and Kevin M. Murphy argue, in a lucid...
After alcohol Prohibition was repealed the Al Capone's were replaced by Coors, Busch, Seagrams and hundreds of other taxpaying, job creating legitimate business people. For a start, treat marijuana exactly as we do alcohol, the model, including prohibition repeal is in place.
Forty-odd (exceedingly odd, I might add) years ago, who would have envisioned a national war against drugs? Nobody took drugs -- nobody you knew, nobody but jazz musicians and funny foreign folk. Then, after a while, it came to seem that everybody did. Drugs became a new front in the war on an old social culture that was taking hard licks aplenty in those days.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- U.S. to announce ground troops to Poland, says… Polish defense minister Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago
- Rand Paul to Harry Reid: Simmer down with the “domestic terrorist” rhetoric about Bundy’s supporters Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Snowden: I asked Putin that softball question on surveillance to start a public debate in Russia Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- The Obama admin is delaying the Keystone XL review process through the election. Yes, again. Erika Johnsen 16 hours ago
- Rubio on immigration: I think Republicans have reached a point of “irreconcilable differences” with Obama Allahpundit 17 hours ago