I still don't understand why people take drugs. Can't they just pour themselves a nice shot of bourbon? On the other hand, as Gary S. Becker and Kevin M. Murphy argue, in a lucid...
After alcohol Prohibition was repealed the Al Capone's were replaced by Coors, Busch, Seagrams and hundreds of other taxpaying, job creating legitimate business people. For a start, treat marijuana exactly as we do alcohol, the model, including prohibition repeal is in place.
Forty-odd (exceedingly odd, I might add) years ago, who would have envisioned a national war against drugs? Nobody took drugs -- nobody you knew, nobody but jazz musicians and funny foreign folk. Then, after a while, it came to seem that everybody did. Drugs became a new front in the war on an old social culture that was taking hard licks aplenty in those days.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Video: Sharyl Attkisson wants to know where the illegal immigrant children have gone Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Video: Cruz presser at AFP summit Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- Video: Pete Hegseth on VA scandal, ISIS threat at AFP’s Defending the Dream summit Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago
- California Dem moves to outlaw some civilian body armor Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago