I still don't understand why people take drugs. Can't they just pour themselves a nice shot of bourbon? On the other hand, as Gary S. Becker and Kevin M. Murphy argue, in a lucid...
After alcohol Prohibition was repealed the Al Capone's were replaced by Coors, Busch, Seagrams and hundreds of other taxpaying, job creating legitimate business people. For a start, treat marijuana exactly as we do alcohol, the model, including prohibition repeal is in place.
Forty-odd (exceedingly odd, I might add) years ago, who would have envisioned a national war against drugs? Nobody took drugs -- nobody you knew, nobody but jazz musicians and funny foreign folk. Then, after a while, it came to seem that everybody did. Drugs became a new front in the war on an old social culture that was taking hard licks aplenty in those days.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Meet the laywers defending “campus rapists” Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Iran executes 967th person under Hassan Rouhani. And it’s a woman Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Chris McDaniel appeal rejected in state supreme court Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Video: Palin-bashing CNN anchor claimed Michelle Obama signed bill into law Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Everything is changing after Ferguson, and it should Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago