I still don't understand why people take drugs. Can't they just pour themselves a nice shot of bourbon? On the other hand, as Gary S. Becker and Kevin M. Murphy argue, in a lucid...
Bill, you wrote, "I still don't understand why people take drugs. Can't they just pour themselves a nice shot of bourbon? " Please, you do know that alcohol is one of the most dangerous drugs known to man. Here's the Science. Please look at these scientists findings. FACT Marijuana is less addictive and less harmful than Caffeine, let alone alcohol;. Dr Henningfield is a former NIDA Staffer;. Addictiveness of Marijuana - ProCon.org. http://www.procon.org/view.background-resource.php?resourceID=1492 The War on Drugs is a morally bankrupt policy.
Forty-odd (exceedingly odd, I might add) years ago, who would have envisioned a national war against drugs? Nobody took drugs -- nobody you knew, nobody but jazz musicians and funny foreign folk. Then, after a while, it came to seem that everybody did. Drugs became a new front in the war on an old social culture that was taking hard licks aplenty in those days.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014