I still don't understand why people take drugs. Can't they just pour themselves a nice shot of bourbon? On the other hand, as Gary S. Becker and Kevin M. Murphy argue, in a lucid...
Bill, you wrote, "I still don't understand why people take drugs. Can't they just pour themselves a nice shot of bourbon? " Please, you do know that alcohol is one of the most dangerous drugs known to man. Here's the Science. Please look at these scientists findings. FACT Marijuana is less addictive and less harmful than Caffeine, let alone alcohol;. Dr Henningfield is a former NIDA Staffer;. Addictiveness of Marijuana - ProCon.org. http://www.procon.org/view.background-resource.php?resourceID=1492 The War on Drugs is a morally bankrupt policy.
Forty-odd (exceedingly odd, I might add) years ago, who would have envisioned a national war against drugs? Nobody took drugs -- nobody you knew, nobody but jazz musicians and funny foreign folk. Then, after a while, it came to seem that everybody did. Drugs became a new front in the war on an old social culture that was taking hard licks aplenty in those days.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 32 mins ago
- Meet the laywers defending “campus rapists” Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Iran executes 967th person under Hassan Rouhani. And it’s a woman Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Chris McDaniel appeal rejected in state supreme court Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Video: Palin-bashing CNN anchor claimed Michelle Obama signed bill into law Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Everything is changing after Ferguson, and it should Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago