What a fairy tale. Mature adults understand that earthquakes, hurricanes and other natural disasters are an unfortunate fact of life. They...
Those levees are a joke! They sink 4 feet every year. One of the things Bush was viciously slandered and libeled over was the alleged fact that he cut the funding! What rarely got reported was that: 1. The chief of the local COE Office said that the additional funding wouldn't have made a diference since the levess wouldn't have been finished either way! 2. The Feds have been trying to reinforce those levees since the 1960s and haven't finished yet! 3. The levee project will never be finished because the soft ground makes the levees sink 4 feet every year and therefore the levees are constantly being weakened.
Just a few days after Hurricane Sandy devastated parts of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut, the New York Times' Paul Krugman crowed triumphantly about the federal government's response to the disaster. "[A]fter Katrina the government seemed to have no idea what it was doing; this time it did. And that's no accident: the federal government's ability to respond effectively to disaster always collapses when antigovernment Republicans hold the White House, and always recovers when Democrats take it back."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- In Illinois and California, public servants skate in police abuse cases Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Will Utah be ground zero for nationwide gay marriage? Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- Virginia cops hoping to bust teen for child pornography by, er, taking photos of his erect penis Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- NYT: Chelsea Clinton gets $75K per speech Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Ted Cruz declines to follow Palin’s lead in calling for Obama’s impeachment Allahpundit 10 hours ago