Regardless of one’s position on the High Court’s infamous decision forty years ago today to legalize abortion “[a]t any stage of pregnancy, for any reason,” most Americans -- not to mention legal scholars and academics -- recognize that Roe is bad Constitutional law. Nevertheless, support for the controversial ruling has reached an all-time high, at least according to a new Wall Street Journal/NBC poll:
Forty years after the Supreme Court legalized abortion in its Roe v. Wade decision, seven out of 10 Americans support the groundbreaking rulings, according to a poll released Tuesday.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Media loves Sotomayor’s passion Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- CRS report: The administration has missed 44 of its own ObamaCare deadlines Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Coming soon to the Nevada desert: “BundyFest”? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Oh, was yesterday Earth Day? Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Chris Hayes: In a way, abolishing global warming is like abolishing slavery Allahpundit 5 hours ago