Regardless of one’s position on the High Court’s infamous decision forty years ago today to legalize abortion “[a]t any stage of pregnancy, for any reason,” most Americans -- not to mention legal scholars and academics -- recognize that Roe is bad Constitutional law. Nevertheless, support for the controversial ruling has reached an all-time high, at least according to a new Wall Street Journal/NBC poll:
Forty years after the Supreme Court legalized abortion in its Roe v. Wade decision, seven out of 10 Americans support the groundbreaking rulings, according to a poll released Tuesday.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Sotloff “fixer”: Americans never contacted me after his abduction Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- David Cameron to Scotland: Baby, don’t go. Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Confirmed: You can tell someone’s politics by their body odor Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Oh my: I think Romney’s going to run, says top Wall Street backer Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Election forecasters bearish on GOP? Senate models looking more Democratic by the day Noah Rothman 12 hours ago