Regardless of one’s position on the High Court’s infamous decision forty years ago today to legalize abortion “[a]t any stage of pregnancy, for any reason,” most Americans -- not to mention legal scholars and academics -- recognize that Roe is bad Constitutional law. Nevertheless, support for the controversial ruling has reached an all-time high, at least according to a new Wall Street Journal/NBC poll:
Forty years after the Supreme Court legalized abortion in its Roe v. Wade decision, seven out of 10 Americans support the groundbreaking rulings, according to a poll released Tuesday.
- ESPN: Ravens’ “misdirection” kept curiously passive NFL in the dark on video Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Demands grow to end secrecy – and robbery – at Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Whistleblower cop in Scott Walker accusations paying a heavy price Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- Scarborough: A certain network should cover Bridgegate clearing as much as allegations Mary Katharine Ham 16 hours ago
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 17 hours ago