Regardless of one’s position on the High Court’s infamous decision forty years ago today to legalize abortion “[a]t any stage of pregnancy, for any reason,” most Americans -- not to mention legal scholars and academics -- recognize that Roe is bad Constitutional law. Nevertheless, support for the controversial ruling has reached an all-time high, at least according to a new Wall Street Journal/NBC poll:
Forty years after the Supreme Court legalized abortion in its Roe v. Wade decision, seven out of 10 Americans support the groundbreaking rulings, according to a poll released Tuesday.
- Reading the early voting tea leaves: Republicans closing the gap Mary Katharine Ham 47 mins ago
- White House to red-state Democrats: Don’t blame Precious if you lose Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- ISIS mortar shells now landing in Baghdad’s Green Zone Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- SCOTUS to consider police searches of hotel registries Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Monica Lewinsky’s return is scaring Hillary’s backers Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Video: The only technology that Americans really wanted from the future will soon be real Allahpundit 4 hours ago