Regardless of one’s position on the High Court’s infamous decision forty years ago today to legalize abortion “[a]t any stage of pregnancy, for any reason,” most Americans -- not to mention legal scholars and academics -- recognize that Roe is bad Constitutional law. Nevertheless, support for the controversial ruling has reached an all-time high, at least according to a new Wall Street Journal/NBC poll:
Forty years after the Supreme Court legalized abortion in its Roe v. Wade decision, seven out of 10 Americans support the groundbreaking rulings, according to a poll released Tuesday.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Hmm: Tsarnaev sister arrested for alleged bomb threat Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Infographic of the day: Canada explains Russia and Not Russia to Putin Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- FBI: Russians hackers attacked Wall Street after sanctions imposed Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- Texas jury finds dad not guilty in mysterious shooting of drunk driver who killed his two sons Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Unidentified senator to Kirsten Gillibrand: “Don’t lose too much weight now. I like my girls chubby.” Allahpundit 11 hours ago