In response to:
Why is our government giving so much money away? When did the finacial needs of single women become a federal government responsibility? Why are there so many "programs" in our government for things that have nothing to do with the rules and responsibilities of the federal government? Is it not the responsibility of local governments to tend to their own needs? Freedom requires responsibility. When the government relieves us of our responsibility it is removing our freedoms. Waters listed a large number of "programs" and grants that our federal government has that should never have been something the federal government was involved with. Why do so many think this is the job of the government?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- Video: Rand Paul’s very libertarian speech at CPAC Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- RNC Chairman talks tactics, the GOP’s technological gap, and how the March for Life “was a little bit of a wake-up call” Dustin Siggins 14 hours ago