In response to:
Why is our government giving so much money away? When did the finacial needs of single women become a federal government responsibility? Why are there so many "programs" in our government for things that have nothing to do with the rules and responsibilities of the federal government? Is it not the responsibility of local governments to tend to their own needs? Freedom requires responsibility. When the government relieves us of our responsibility it is removing our freedoms. Waters listed a large number of "programs" and grants that our federal government has that should never have been something the federal government was involved with. Why do so many think this is the job of the government?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Video: Shep vs. Earnest Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- In New York City, a safety regulation makes the streets less safe Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Federal investigators find no connection between Christie and Bridgegate Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Boehner: You know what would help our economy? Immigration reform Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- White House: It’s not combat, but US troops will return fire if they’re shot at… Noah Rothman 12 hours ago