In response to:
Why is our government giving so much money away? When did the finacial needs of single women become a federal government responsibility? Why are there so many "programs" in our government for things that have nothing to do with the rules and responsibilities of the federal government? Is it not the responsibility of local governments to tend to their own needs? Freedom requires responsibility. When the government relieves us of our responsibility it is removing our freedoms. Waters listed a large number of "programs" and grants that our federal government has that should never have been something the federal government was involved with. Why do so many think this is the job of the government?
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 2 minutes ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Afghan interpreters who aided US in danger of being left behind Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 13:1–23 Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- ICE has the chance to catch Jose Antonio Vargas RIGHT NOW Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 6 hours ago