How long will that indulgence last? The next four years, whatever else...
Then pay the upkeep staff, who will be living in that electronic swamp of information about you-and you- and you.... Constant "upgrades", frequent failures-- these will require more and more people with access to your information. Don't worry, though; they're pure of heart. Just like The President.
Now the other shoes begin to drop. Voters knew in November that many of the promises Obama made in 2008 had been broken. The economy had not revived as he had promised it would ("or we'll be talking about a one-term proposition"). He has not "changed the tone in Washington" -- except for the worse. He didn't prevent lobbyists from holding positions in his administration. He didn't cut the deficit in half; he increased it radically. But voters apparently decided that the president deserved credit for good intentions.
- AP poll: 52% say border kids fleeing gang violence shouldn’t be treated as refugees Allahpundit 31 minutes ago
- As Jews flee Europe, the sneering media admonished again Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Rebound: Q2 GDP hits 4% Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Americans unhappy with how Obama has managed the conflict in Gaza Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Jesse Ventura: Don’t feel sorry for Chris Kyle’s widow, I’m the victim here Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Hot Air Survey: July Results Patrick Ishmael 3 hours ago