How long will that indulgence last? The next four years, whatever else...
I work in such an environment. It requires "upgrades" monthly, during which time it is unavailable for 2 hours each night. That might not be a problem in an office.... but in a healthcare system that handles tens of thousands of patients it's a completely different story. Numerous staff members are employed just to feed the system data; more to fix problems that didn't exist in the paper world-- I've been at this for 30 years. And if Wikileaks concerned anyone about military intelligence, imagine what someone interested could do with the healthcare data of the U.S. population. Bar coding is on the name bands now; coming soon to a tattoo near you.
Now the other shoes begin to drop. Voters knew in November that many of the promises Obama made in 2008 had been broken. The economy had not revived as he had promised it would ("or we'll be talking about a one-term proposition"). He has not "changed the tone in Washington" -- except for the worse. He didn't prevent lobbyists from holding positions in his administration. He didn't cut the deficit in half; he increased it radically. But voters apparently decided that the president deserved credit for good intentions.
- AFP Defending the Dream Summit: Day 1 Ed Morrissey 17 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Citizen legislator Sen. Mary Landrieu doesn’t really live in Louisiana Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Democrats go after Republican for self-defense measure he took…14 years ago Matt Vespa 10 hours ago
- Rubio: If I had to vote again on my Gang of Eight immigration bill, I’d vote no Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Obama lets another red line lapse in Ukraine, and the consequences will be dire Noah Rothman 12 hours ago