How long will that indulgence last? The next four years, whatever else...
I work in such an environment. It requires "upgrades" monthly, during which time it is unavailable for 2 hours each night. That might not be a problem in an office.... but in a healthcare system that handles tens of thousands of patients it's a completely different story. Numerous staff members are employed just to feed the system data; more to fix problems that didn't exist in the paper world-- I've been at this for 30 years. And if Wikileaks concerned anyone about military intelligence, imagine what someone interested could do with the healthcare data of the U.S. population. Bar coding is on the name bands now; coming soon to a tattoo near you.
Now the other shoes begin to drop. Voters knew in November that many of the promises Obama made in 2008 had been broken. The economy had not revived as he had promised it would ("or we'll be talking about a one-term proposition"). He has not "changed the tone in Washington" -- except for the worse. He didn't prevent lobbyists from holding positions in his administration. He didn't cut the deficit in half; he increased it radically. But voters apparently decided that the president deserved credit for good intentions.
- Quotes of the day Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- Venezuela to US: You should probably come participate in a “peace commission” on all this violence you’ve caused Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- The most dangerous wedding photo evah? Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Exit polls show Crimea annexation wins 93% of vote while under Russian occupation Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- NRLC Interview – Joe Scarborough Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- And your latest straw poll winner is… Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago