And so it came, the coup de grace. The final "barrier" to "opportunities" for women in combat is no more. With a stroke of their pens, Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta and Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Martin E. Dempsey decreed that no battlefield mission or military role is off-limits to the female sex. The defense secretary and the general thus liberated mothers, daughters, sisters and wives to kill and be killed in the infantry, commando raids, even in Obama administration "overseas contingency operations." In so doing, they also slashed away at that last institutional protection for the space that separates men...
The most brutal, militaristic countries of the 20th century, Japan and Germany, saw defeat coming in the waning months of WWII. Fanatically desperate to turn the situation around, Japan had resorted to suicide missions, and Germany was sending 13-14 year-old boys into harm's way. But as desperate to prevail as they were, they drew the line at throwing their women into ground (infantry) combat. Why? The answer is very simple. They knew that sending women into combat would thoroughly demoralize their male troops.... and would make a bad situation even worse. One would think our genius leadership would take a lesson from this. But nooooo, they are much wiser than the examples of history, and must conduct this stupid social experiment.
- Breaking: Pentagon reports first airstrikes in Syria Update: Coalition Arab countries added Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Issa: Americans deserve to hear from Lerner under oath, not in the press Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Poll: Plurality now think businesses that provide wedding services should be required to serve gay weddings too Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Poet: I would have died for my aborted daughter’s right to choose, just like she died for mine Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Resurrected monster General Motors is still killing people Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Video: This is the man a malaise-stricken America needs right now Allahpundit 4 hours ago