The United Nations has been debating an arms trade treaty for nearly a decade now. Though the treaty is ostensibly focused on military arms, it has long been clear that the majority of U.N. delegates...
In response to:
Chuck, if Obama is re-elected we won't have to worry about the UN coming after our guns. There's more than a 90% chance that a conservative member of the SCOTUS will die or retire during the next 4 years. Obama's replacement will be a liberal, making it a 5-4 liberal court. Goodbye 2nd Amendment. A large number of voters simply don't get the fact that they will be voting for more than a president in November.... they will be voting for who will be sitting in judgement of how their kids & grankids must lead their lives for the next 30-40 years.
Last time I checked, Americans were responsible for making our own laws. We do not invite foreign nations to have a say in how we govern ourselves within our own borders. Yet if you follow what's been going on with the United Nations this year, you know that the USA came perilously close to having other countries dictate our gun laws. And the fight isn't over yet.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Sigh: Busch Gardens removes disembodied heads from Halloween display Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Holder running out the clock on Fast & Furious? Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Surge: Walker regains the lead in Wisconsin Guy Benson 9 hours ago
- Gallup: Americans trust in the media matches historic low Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- Obama’s administration at war with itself over ISIS strategy Noah Rothman 10 hours ago