At the end of an interview, McFarland announces she has a personal message for Petraeus from Fox News President Roger Ailes, part of which is: If Petraeus isn't appointed chairman of the Joint Chiefs, he should resign in six months and run...
In response to:
RE: "......or even hit the story that Petraeus appears to have lied to Congress over Benghazi twice, which is a felony. " Untrue! The first place I heard that Petraeus' repeated the Ambassador Rice talking points, in his first closed-door testimony, was from FoxNews interviewing people who were in the room. That aside, if FNC is actually cuddling up to Petraeus, it is wrong, and they should be called on it. But it will take more than this single interview, which may have been in jest, for me to throw them under the bus. I need a little more proof beyond Woodward's interpretation.
No doubt in the spirit of the season, somebody bestowed an audio sweetmeat upon Bob Woodward of The Washington Post -- 13-plus minutes of an off-the-record conversation that took place in spring 2011 between Gen. David Petraeus, then ISAF (International Security Assistance Force) commander in Afghanistan, and Fox News analyst KT McFarland, who was visiting Petraeus' Kabul HQ.
- DNC chairwoman: What, politics influencing the president’s Keystone XL delay? Nahhh. Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 20 hours ago