At the end of an interview, McFarland announces she has a personal message for Petraeus from Fox News President Roger Ailes, part of which is: If Petraeus isn't appointed chairman of the Joint Chiefs, he should resign in six months and run...
In response to:
RE: "......or even hit the story that Petraeus appears to have lied to Congress over Benghazi twice, which is a felony. " Untrue! The first place I heard that Petraeus' repeated the Ambassador Rice talking points, in his first closed-door testimony, was from FoxNews interviewing people who were in the room. That aside, if FNC is actually cuddling up to Petraeus, it is wrong, and they should be called on it. But it will take more than this single interview, which may have been in jest, for me to throw them under the bus. I need a little more proof beyond Woodward's interpretation.
No doubt in the spirit of the season, somebody bestowed an audio sweetmeat upon Bob Woodward of The Washington Post -- 13-plus minutes of an off-the-record conversation that took place in spring 2011 between Gen. David Petraeus, then ISAF (International Security Assistance Force) commander in Afghanistan, and Fox News analyst KT McFarland, who was visiting Petraeus' Kabul HQ.
- Never the commander-in-chief Noah Rothman 43 minutes ago
- Kerry lands in Cairo as Hamas, Israel refuse cease fire Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- IRS: Hey, maybe we do have our e-mail backups Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Again: Exactly which elite, liberal institution does have to live up to the Left’s values? Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Detroit suspends water shut-offs for 15 days Allahpundit 13 hours ago