At the end of an interview, McFarland announces she has a personal message for Petraeus from Fox News President Roger Ailes, part of which is: If Petraeus isn't appointed chairman of the Joint Chiefs, he should resign in six months and run...
In response to:
RE: "......or even hit the story that Petraeus appears to have lied to Congress over Benghazi twice, which is a felony. " Untrue! The first place I heard that Petraeus' repeated the Ambassador Rice talking points, in his first closed-door testimony, was from FoxNews interviewing people who were in the room. That aside, if FNC is actually cuddling up to Petraeus, it is wrong, and they should be called on it. But it will take more than this single interview, which may have been in jest, for me to throw them under the bus. I need a little more proof beyond Woodward's interpretation.
No doubt in the spirit of the season, somebody bestowed an audio sweetmeat upon Bob Woodward of The Washington Post -- 13-plus minutes of an off-the-record conversation that took place in spring 2011 between Gen. David Petraeus, then ISAF (International Security Assistance Force) commander in Afghanistan, and Fox News analyst KT McFarland, who was visiting Petraeus' Kabul HQ.
- Benghazi hearings about to force the press to pay attention Noah Rothman 32 mins ago
- CBS/NYT poll shows Obama at new low on terrorism, foreign policy Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Sotloff “fixer”: Americans never contacted me after his abduction Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- David Cameron to Scotland: Baby, don’t go. Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Confirmed: You can tell someone’s politics by their body odor Allahpundit 12 hours ago