Retired Adm. Mike Mullen stuck to that rule when he rolled out an independent review, led by former Ambassador Thomas Pickering, on the Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. special mission in Benghazi, Libya, that led to the murder of four Americans -- Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens, Sean Smith, Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty. "The attacks in Benghazi were security related," Mullen said, "and responsibility for the loss of life, the injuries and damage to U.S. facilities, rests completely and solely with the terrorists...
Benghazi combined with Fast & Furious makes Watergate look like a college boy prank. No American deaths resulted from Watergate, yet a president was driven from office. Republican Senators & Congressmen went to the White House and told Nixon he had to resign. Where are the Democrat Senators & Congressmen who should be trekking up to the White House to inform Obama that he must resign?
When terrorists attack Americans, Washington should always follow this simple rule: Blame the terrorists first.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago