I'm in the camp that believes Republicans have no choice but to agree to raise taxes on the top 2 percent of earners. The party has been successfully caricatured as the servant of the rich. This is unjust, yes, but justice is imperfect in this life. It's political suicide for Republicans to stand fast on maintaining current rates for high earners even at the cost of raising taxes for everyone else. Imagine if we went over the fiscal cliff. In January, Obama would call upon Congress to pass a law restoring the tax rates for 98 percent of filers. What could...
A little off-topic here, but isn't it wonderful that Obama has successfully removed Benghazi from the radar screen? He will never be held accountable, and apparently nobody gives a rip. Shame!
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 54 minutes ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Welfare reform is officially on life support in NYC Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago