This is not to say that I resent or disparage female accomplishment. I admire excellence wherever...
I agree with you. As a conservative person and practicing Catholic - I don't really root for women or 'Catholics' as such. After all I could never root for a Nancy Pelosi or Joe Biden (and I personally believe that they are not really Catholics). I do care about people in general - I always root for the person (man or woman) whom I think will help bring sanity into a crumbling world. I also agree with all 3 points you made at the end of your article and if that makes me a bad woman so be it.
I suppose I'm a bad woman -- by today's standards that is. For some reason, I take absolutely no pride in the accomplishments of women per se. I am utterly uninspired by first women astronauts or Secretaries of State. It is of no consequence to me what percentage of the United States Senate or House of Representatives shares my chromosomes. I don't wait with gnawing impatience for America to pass the milestone of needing a fellow to fill the post of First Gentleman.
- A Christian conundrum in conservative rhetoric? Ed Morrissey 17 mins ago
- Sanitizing terror: Has the press distorted Islamic radical’s crusade against gay men? Noah Rothman 56 mins ago
- Family friend tells WaPo: Yes, Darren Wilson did suffer an eye socket fracture Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Let’s play ‘What if a GOP’er Said It’ with Harry Reid’s racially insensitive jokes Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- NATO: Russia has moved artillery units and personnel into Ukraine Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Hamas executes “collaborators” as Israeli air strikes target leadership Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago