Those critics have less influence all the time. Some 18 states permit medical use of marijuana, and in November, Colorado and Washington voted to allow recreational use. Nationally, support for legalization is steadily rising. A decade ago, one of every three Americans favored the idea. Today, nearly half do -- and among those under 50, a large...
Not to mention the deadly effects of wood alcohol.
As recreational drugs go, marijuana is relatively benign. Unlike alcohol, it doesn't stimulate violence or destroy livers. Unlike tobacco, it doesn't cause lung cancer and heart disease. The worst you can say is that it produces intense, unreasoning panic. Not in users, but in critics.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Former loathsome nanny-state mayor confuses blogger with second awesome move this summer Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Video: Army Medal of Honor recipient breaks gavel at New York Stock Exchange Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Senate analysis: What does “success” look like for the GOP in 2014? Guy Benson 8 hours ago
- Could a Republican president gut ObamaCare without action from Congress or the Supreme Court? Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Rubio: Immigration reform won’t happen for another 10 years unless border security comes first Allahpundit 10 hours ago