South Korea-North Korea: Outgoing President Lee told the press that in late 2009 Kim Chong-il requested a third summit between the leaders of North and South Korea without conditions, such as demands for food grains. The invitation was transmitted through Chinese Premier Wen Jia-bao and some discussions were held in Singapore.
South Korea was prepared to accept and began discussing views about the venue. North Korea wanted it in Pyongyang. The talks broke down when the North demanded compensation for holding the summit.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Venezuelan official: John Kerry is a “murderer” and these protests are pretty much all his fault Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Sarah Palin to launch “Rogue TV” Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Jay Carney leaving the White House? Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Ramirez on Attkisson’s departure Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago