South Korea-North Korea: Outgoing President Lee told the press that in late 2009 Kim Chong-il requested a third summit between the leaders of North and South Korea without conditions, such as demands for food grains. The invitation was transmitted through Chinese Premier Wen Jia-bao and some discussions were held in Singapore.
South Korea was prepared to accept and began discussing views about the venue. North Korea wanted it in Pyongyang. The talks broke down when the North demanded compensation for holding the summit.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Of course: 2014 Obama’s position on Ex-Im Bank is the opposite of 2008 Obama’s Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Wes Clark: Clinton had an opportunity to go in on the ground to get Bin Laden but it was “a lot of logistics” Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- I guess we need to talk about Joe Biden skinny dipping, huh? Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Obama: This congressional deadlock on immigration means “I’m going to have to act alone” Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago