The perseverance of Thomas Edison, as he tried scores of materials before finally trying tungsten as the filament of the light bulb he was inventing; the dedication of Abraham Lincoln as he studied law on his own while struggling to make a living -- these were...
An ebullient Obama voter believed after the elections that he would pay her mortgage and put gas in her car in exchange for her support. Sadly many today are willing to fall for Obama's hollow promise of Hope and Change, the promises and lies just become ever greater. As the expression goes, "Fool me Once shame on you, foll me twice shame on me." Let's hope reasonable people out number the fools this November 6th.
There was a time, within living memory, when the achievements of others were not only admired but were often taken as an inspiration for imitation of the same qualities that had served these achievers well, even if we were not in the same field of endeavor and were not expecting to achieve on the same scale.
- Obama: Health insurance isn’t expensive – just cancel cable and phones Ed Morrissey 43 minutes ago
- Washington, Europe getting serious about Russia sanctions over Crimea? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Scarborough: FL-13 upset shows 2014 will be “historic” Dem loss Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- NBC/WSJ poll shows Obama approval at new low of 41% Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- GAO to audit Oregon’s failed ObamaCare exchange site Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago