The perseverance of Thomas Edison, as he tried scores of materials before finally trying tungsten as the filament of the light bulb he was inventing; the dedication of Abraham Lincoln as he studied law on his own while struggling to make a living -- these were...
An ebullient Obama voter believed after the elections that he would pay her mortgage and put gas in her car in exchange for her support. Sadly many today are willing to fall for Obama's hollow promise of Hope and Change, the promises and lies just become ever greater. As the expression goes, "Fool me Once shame on you, foll me twice shame on me." Let's hope reasonable people out number the fools this November 6th.
There was a time, within living memory, when the achievements of others were not only admired but were often taken as an inspiration for imitation of the same qualities that had served these achievers well, even if we were not in the same field of endeavor and were not expecting to achieve on the same scale.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Your feel good video of the weekend, with Reince and DWS Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Noted internet gambling critic has interesting gaming history Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- 2014’s ‘Clinton Democrats’ crashing and burning Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- The Democrats’ embarrassing attempt to blame Republican for Ebola collapses Noah Rothman 14 hours ago
- NFL Week 7 open thread Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago