One of the fatal miscalculations that has plagued the Obama administration is their complete, total and utter misunderstanding on how energy prices affect the economy.
Our friends over at Political Calculations have done a great job trying to explain this to the White House for the past year.
When gas prices go up, says PC, new unemployment claims follow a few weeks later as fuel costs eat into money that would otherwise go to labor costs.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Obama: The world’s always been messy, but now social media is amplifying it Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Video: Hot Air exclusive interview with Gov. Rick Perry Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Hey, maybe Daryl’s gay Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Report: ISIS eyeing Mexican border to infiltrate America and execute terrorist attacks Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- Should Kirsten Gillibrand name the senator who told her “I like my girls chubby”? Allahpundit 4 hours ago