A well-placed Republican source tells Townhall that Oscar-winning director and actor Clint Eastwood will travel to Tampa, Florida to attend Mitt Romney's nominating convention this week. As the news media scrambles to identify the so-called "mystery speaker" scheduled to address GOP delegates on Thursday evening, some have speculated that the iconic Hollywood figure could fit the bill. Our source -- who spoke on the condition of anonymity -- could not confirm if Eastwood is, in fact, the intriguing "to-be-announced" speaker, but stated unequivocally that the Dirty Harry star will arrive in Florida late on Wednesday or early on...
One celebrity over all the substance in the RNC Convention is hardly a trend. Of course we know how the current administration feels about celebrity. Where do you get your info?
- Huckabee getting serious about a 2016 bid? Ed Morrissey 32 minutes ago
- Gallup: Senate may be #Up4Climate, but … Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Charlie Rangel: The explosion today in Harlem is “our community’s 9/11″ Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Farmers, industry getting pretty nervous about the EPA’s incoming water regs Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Brennan: We wouldn’t do a “tremendous” amount of spying, hacking, and monitoring of Congress Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- WaPo: Hillary adviser raised funds illegally for 2008 shadow campaign? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago