That Beyonce apparently lip-synched her beautiful rendition of the national anthem is a triviality. It's cold on the steps of the Capitol and even the greatest singer might have trouble sounding good in those conditions. Kelly Clarkson apparently sang live (and perhaps paid a price in quality). Four years ago, at Obama's first inauguration, a quartet consisting of Yo-Yo Ma, Yitzhak Perlman, Gabriela Montero and Anthony McGill (it sounds...
Are you kidding? Look what we're inaugurating. A circus act of poop-flinging monkeys would be adequate to commemorate this occasion. I wouldn't insult high culture with it. Music and art that has been around for hundreds of years will be around long after everyone has forgotten what a "Beyonce" was.
In the days since the second Obama inauguration, I've been thinking about Kelly Clarkson and Beyonce. No, not the great lip-synching controversy, but the choice of popular entertainment for a solemn national rite.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Video: Sharyl Attkisson wants to know where the illegal immigrant children have gone Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Video: Cruz presser at AFP summit Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Video: Pete Hegseth on VA scandal, ISIS threat at AFP’s Defending the Dream summit Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- California Dem moves to outlaw some civilian body armor Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago