That Beyonce apparently lip-synched her beautiful rendition of the national anthem is a triviality. It's cold on the steps of the Capitol and even the greatest singer might have trouble sounding good in those conditions. Kelly Clarkson apparently sang live (and perhaps paid a price in quality). Four years ago, at Obama's first inauguration, a quartet consisting of Yo-Yo Ma, Yitzhak Perlman, Gabriela Montero and Anthony McGill (it sounds...
Are you kidding? Look what we're inaugurating. A circus act of poop-flinging monkeys would be adequate to commemorate this occasion. I wouldn't insult high culture with it. Music and art that has been around for hundreds of years will be around long after everyone has forgotten what a "Beyonce" was.
In the days since the second Obama inauguration, I've been thinking about Kelly Clarkson and Beyonce. No, not the great lip-synching controversy, but the choice of popular entertainment for a solemn national rite.
- WaPo: Four Pinocchios for Dems’ Koch habit Ed Morrissey 31 minutes ago
- Russia: We may move into eastern Ukraine to protect ethnic Russians there too Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Has DoJ blocked a corruption probe into Reid, Lee? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- House Dems whipping against ObamaCare fix Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- NYT: Sink loss “devastating” for Democrats, was driven by ObamaCare Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago