Speaker John Boehner has proposed allowing tax rates to rise for the wealthiest Americans if President Barack Obama agrees to major entitlement cuts, according to several sources close to the talks. It is the first time Boehner has offered any boost in marginal tax rates for any income group, and it would represent a major concession for the Ohio Republican. Boehner suggested hiking...
In response to:
The massive spending scenerio that seemed to help the US out of a recession during WW2 will not work now because the amount of entitlement spending is much greater and also the unemployment rate was going down. Unemployment is not going to go down now with our businesses fleeing the US job market in order to avoid the current business tax rate.
- NYT: Hobby Lobby part of “this summer of a violent God” Ed Morrissey 13 minutes ago
- Pelosi confronted over whether Obama is ‘angry enough’ Noah Rothman 53 minutes ago
- D.C. Circuit guts ObamaCare: Consumers in federal exchange are ineligible for subsidies Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- MSNBC: Say, that Hillary Clinton book tour was a big mistake, huh? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Never the commander-in-chief Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Kerry lands in Cairo as Hamas, Israel refuse cease fire Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago