That is because it wasn't necessary! The invasion of Iraq was preceded by a fully engaged debate in Congress, and the airing of the available facts on Iraq. It resulted in the Congress PASSING a resolution to Authorize Use Military For in Iraq - with large bipartisan support. There were a few conservatives who felt that the 23 "whereas" reasons for AUMFI were insufficient for deposing Saddam Hussein - but there was no disagreement on the facts of the 23 'whereas' statements. Honest people can disagree. But many Democrats who VOTED FOR the AUMFI - when things started getting tough in Iraq - turned and aided/abetted the enemy by pretending that the 'invasion' was ONLY about WMDs - pretending the AUMFI and 23 whereas reasons didn't exist. Those Democrats gave succor and comfort to terrorists to attack our military service members. Like JF'nKerry - who was FOR the AUMFI before he was against IT - they LIED to America about what Bush said. Those limp-wristed liberals deserve the real condemnation for politicizing and LYING about what happened in Iraq.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 minutes ago
- Video: How does the president’s tone help solve the problem? Mary Katharine Ham 42 minutes ago
- Obama’s law professor: There’s a “very high risk” that a federal court is going to gut ObamaCare Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- This is CNN: White gay man and black woman argue over who is ‘stealing’ the other’s culture Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Palin makes the case for impeaching Obama Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Megyn Kelly vs. Nancy Pelosi on the Hobby Lobby ruling Allahpundit 3 hours ago