That is because it wasn't necessary! The invasion of Iraq was preceded by a fully engaged debate in Congress, and the airing of the available facts on Iraq. It resulted in the Congress PASSING a resolution to Authorize Use Military For in Iraq - with large bipartisan support. There were a few conservatives who felt that the 23 "whereas" reasons for AUMFI were insufficient for deposing Saddam Hussein - but there was no disagreement on the facts of the 23 'whereas' statements. Honest people can disagree. But many Democrats who VOTED FOR the AUMFI - when things started getting tough in Iraq - turned and aided/abetted the enemy by pretending that the 'invasion' was ONLY about WMDs - pretending the AUMFI and 23 whereas reasons didn't exist. Those Democrats gave succor and comfort to terrorists to attack our military service members. Like JF'nKerry - who was FOR the AUMFI before he was against IT - they LIED to America about what Bush said. Those limp-wristed liberals deserve the real condemnation for politicizing and LYING about what happened in Iraq.
- What’s the matter with Kansas? Ed Morrissey 17 mins ago
- Trouble in Paradise: NY Times won’t endorse Andrew Cuomo’s reelection bid Noah Rothman 58 mins ago
- Media curiously silent on “Truthy” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- TEMS Wednesday: Hot Air at the Fair! Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Feds put kibosh on self-driving cars, plane sharing Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago