That is because it wasn't necessary! The invasion of Iraq was preceded by a fully engaged debate in Congress, and the airing of the available facts on Iraq. It resulted in the Congress PASSING a resolution to Authorize Use Military For in Iraq - with large bipartisan support. There were a few conservatives who felt that the 23 "whereas" reasons for AUMFI were insufficient for deposing Saddam Hussein - but there was no disagreement on the facts of the 23 'whereas' statements. Honest people can disagree. But many Democrats who VOTED FOR the AUMFI - when things started getting tough in Iraq - turned and aided/abetted the enemy by pretending that the 'invasion' was ONLY about WMDs - pretending the AUMFI and 23 whereas reasons didn't exist. Those Democrats gave succor and comfort to terrorists to attack our military service members. Like JF'nKerry - who was FOR the AUMFI before he was against IT - they LIED to America about what Bush said. Those limp-wristed liberals deserve the real condemnation for politicizing and LYING about what happened in Iraq.
- Iraqi PM: Please, America, don’t send troops back to Iraq Noah Rothman 12 mins ago
- Rand Paul: If it was wrong not to protect the Benghazi consulate, it’s wrong not to protect the one in Kurdistan Allahpundit 52 mins ago
- Vikings retreat on Peterson after sponsors, media erupt Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Watch ISIS’s Hollywood movie trailer goading U.S. to again invade Iraq Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- VA whistleblower: IG “softened” report on veteran deaths Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- LA Senate poll: Landrieu stuck in the mid-40′s, undecideds strongly disapprove of Obama Guy Benson 3 hours ago