That is because it wasn't necessary! The invasion of Iraq was preceded by a fully engaged debate in Congress, and the airing of the available facts on Iraq. It resulted in the Congress PASSING a resolution to Authorize Use Military For in Iraq - with large bipartisan support. There were a few conservatives who felt that the 23 "whereas" reasons for AUMFI were insufficient for deposing Saddam Hussein - but there was no disagreement on the facts of the 23 'whereas' statements. Honest people can disagree. But many Democrats who VOTED FOR the AUMFI - when things started getting tough in Iraq - turned and aided/abetted the enemy by pretending that the 'invasion' was ONLY about WMDs - pretending the AUMFI and 23 whereas reasons didn't exist. Those Democrats gave succor and comfort to terrorists to attack our military service members. Like JF'nKerry - who was FOR the AUMFI before he was against IT - they LIED to America about what Bush said. Those limp-wristed liberals deserve the real condemnation for politicizing and LYING about what happened in Iraq.
- NYT: Hobby Lobby part of “this summer of a violent God” Ed Morrissey 43 minutes ago
- Pelosi confronted over whether Obama is ‘angry enough’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- D.C. Circuit guts ObamaCare: Consumers in federal exchange are ineligible for subsidies Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- MSNBC: Say, that Hillary Clinton book tour was a big mistake, huh? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Never the commander-in-chief Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Kerry lands in Cairo as Hamas, Israel refuse cease fire Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago