At the time Eisenhower was President, there was no bloated federal buget that was consuming everything in sight like Michael Moore in pursuit of another hot-dog. Defense was about 6% of GDP ...and about 50% of the total federal budget...which was about 12% of GDP. Now - our federal budget is about 22% of GDP (almost double), Defense is about 16% of the budget - and 4% of GDP. And you wonder why we oppose a growing federal leviathan that is already bloated in inefficient, and using the IRS to target conservatives .....GET A CLUE YOU MORON!!
- Is the wind lobby’s most precious subsidy finally losing steam in Congress? Erika Johnsen 49 minutes ago
- “Russia has not invaded Ukraine,” and other great moments in Russian propaganda Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Video: Trump to buy the Buffalo Bills? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Rand Paul: Let’s get this straight — I’m not for containing Iran Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Biofuels producers: No really, this is the year biofuels are going to take off, for serious Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Why not Mike Pence in 2016? Allahpundit 4 hours ago