At the time Eisenhower was President, there was no bloated federal buget that was consuming everything in sight like Michael Moore in pursuit of another hot-dog. Defense was about 6% of GDP ...and about 50% of the total federal budget...which was about 12% of GDP. Now - our federal budget is about 22% of GDP (almost double), Defense is about 16% of the budget - and 4% of GDP. And you wonder why we oppose a growing federal leviathan that is already bloated in inefficient, and using the IRS to target conservatives .....GET A CLUE YOU MORON!!
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hour ago
- Super: NASA’s asteroid avoidance program is on par with the rest of the federal government Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Adrian Peterson: “I am, without a doubt, not a child abuser.” Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Video: Florida mom arrested, charged with child neglect for letting her seven-year-old have a sip of whiskey Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Officer in Daniele Watts handcuff incident was responding to a call Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Friendly reminder: Republicans could absolutely fail to win the Senate Guy Benson 5 hours ago