At the time Eisenhower was President, there was no bloated federal buget that was consuming everything in sight like Michael Moore in pursuit of another hot-dog. Defense was about 6% of GDP ...and about 50% of the total federal budget...which was about 12% of GDP. Now - our federal budget is about 22% of GDP (almost double), Defense is about 16% of the budget - and 4% of GDP. And you wonder why we oppose a growing federal leviathan that is already bloated in inefficient, and using the IRS to target conservatives .....GET A CLUE YOU MORON!!
- Party time at the Green Party. Andrew Cuomo bans fracking in New York Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- It’s official: GOP will have biggest House majority since before the New Deal Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Jeb Bush: I’m going to try to persuade Republican voters to back immigration reform Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Even if it’s Obama saying it, the time has come to try something new with Cuba Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Shep Smith wonders: Is America about to “ruin” Cuba? Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- McConnell pledges to make Keystone Pipeline the new Senate’s first task Noah Rothman 4 hours ago