At the time Eisenhower was President, there was no bloated federal buget that was consuming everything in sight like Michael Moore in pursuit of another hot-dog. Defense was about 6% of GDP ...and about 50% of the total federal budget...which was about 12% of GDP. Now - our federal budget is about 22% of GDP (almost double), Defense is about 16% of the budget - and 4% of GDP. And you wonder why we oppose a growing federal leviathan that is already bloated in inefficient, and using the IRS to target conservatives .....GET A CLUE YOU MORON!!
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 14 minutes ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Welfare reform is officially on life support in NYC Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Why won’t the White House explain how off-budget ObamaCare money got spent? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Are bans on high capacity magazines constitutional? Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 17 hours ago