In response to:
Read Angelo Codevilla's "Character of Nations" - where Codevilla goes into far more depth than this essay. But - 'security of assets' is short for 'property rights' - i.e. - you keep what you work for, you can keep what you purchase. Nations that have poor property rights (a little cronyism to take from some and bequeth to others) or have high taxes for redistribution or to enrich the ruling class results in a situation where people cease to strive to get ahead, because they know the 'game is rigged' and when they start getting ahead, it is stolen from them by the corrupt government.
- Merry Christmas! Ed Morrissey Dec 25, 2014
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit Dec 24, 2014
- U.S. offering $5 million reward for Al Qaeda capo … who was released from Gitmo in 2006 Allahpundit Dec 24, 2014
- Sony to make “The Interview” available online beginning at 1 p.m. ET Allahpundit Dec 24, 2014
- Pelosi to Boehner: Force Grimm to resign over tax-evasion conviction Ed Morrissey Dec 24, 2014
- ISIS shoots down coalition warplane, captures pilot Noah Rothman Dec 24, 2014