In response to:
Read Angelo Codevilla's "Character of Nations" - where Codevilla goes into far more depth than this essay. But - 'security of assets' is short for 'property rights' - i.e. - you keep what you work for, you can keep what you purchase. Nations that have poor property rights (a little cronyism to take from some and bequeth to others) or have high taxes for redistribution or to enrich the ruling class results in a situation where people cease to strive to get ahead, because they know the 'game is rigged' and when they start getting ahead, it is stolen from them by the corrupt government.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Citizen legislator Sen. Mary Landrieu doesn’t really live in Louisiana Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Democrats go after Republican for self-defense measure he took…14 years ago Matt Vespa 5 hours ago
- Rubio: If I had to vote again on my Gang of Eight immigration bill, I’d vote no Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Obama lets another red line lapse in Ukraine, and the consequences will be dire Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- Heartache for lefties: Elizabeth Warren defends Israel at Massachusetts town hall Allahpundit 7 hours ago