In response to:
Read Angelo Codevilla's "Character of Nations" - where Codevilla goes into far more depth than this essay. But - 'security of assets' is short for 'property rights' - i.e. - you keep what you work for, you can keep what you purchase. Nations that have poor property rights (a little cronyism to take from some and bequeth to others) or have high taxes for redistribution or to enrich the ruling class results in a situation where people cease to strive to get ahead, because they know the 'game is rigged' and when they start getting ahead, it is stolen from them by the corrupt government.
- Bobby Jindal hits the trail in New Hampshire Jazz Shaw 38 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- This HHS official’s resignation letter says everything you’ve ever thought about bureaucracy Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago
- Venezuelan official: John Kerry is a “murderer” and these protests are pretty much all his fault Erika Johnsen 14 hours ago
- Sarah Palin to launch “Rogue TV” Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- Jay Carney leaving the White House? Allahpundit 15 hours ago