In response to:
Read Angelo Codevilla's "Character of Nations" - where Codevilla goes into far more depth than this essay. But - 'security of assets' is short for 'property rights' - i.e. - you keep what you work for, you can keep what you purchase. Nations that have poor property rights (a little cronyism to take from some and bequeth to others) or have high taxes for redistribution or to enrich the ruling class results in a situation where people cease to strive to get ahead, because they know the 'game is rigged' and when they start getting ahead, it is stolen from them by the corrupt government.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Video: Happy (The Remy Tax Day Edition) Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Should Mike Anderson III go free? Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Krauthammer: Can we all remember that we have added $7 trillion to the debt in 5 years, please? Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- State legislators: Hey, you know what we really need right now? More federal land! Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- CBO: ObamaCare premiums and healthcare spending will rise by less than expected, because… Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago