In response to:
Read Angelo Codevilla's "Character of Nations" - where Codevilla goes into far more depth than this essay. But - 'security of assets' is short for 'property rights' - i.e. - you keep what you work for, you can keep what you purchase. Nations that have poor property rights (a little cronyism to take from some and bequeth to others) or have high taxes for redistribution or to enrich the ruling class results in a situation where people cease to strive to get ahead, because they know the 'game is rigged' and when they start getting ahead, it is stolen from them by the corrupt government.
- Study: Non-citizens are voting in federal elections — and probably tipped at least one Senate race to Democrats Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- HHS official to Congress: I’m totally in charge, but that doesn’t mean I can prioritize Ebola prep over puppet shows Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- All in: Democrats plan full-court press to defeat Walker Guy Benson 8 hours ago
- Oh, by the way: North Korea now knows how to build small nuclear warheads for delivery via ICBM Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Video: The ultimate Debbie Wasserman Schultz clip Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- DHS auditor: It’s not your imagination, we aren’t prepared for a pandemic Noah Rothman 10 hours ago