In response to:
Read Angelo Codevilla's "Character of Nations" - where Codevilla goes into far more depth than this essay. But - 'security of assets' is short for 'property rights' - i.e. - you keep what you work for, you can keep what you purchase. Nations that have poor property rights (a little cronyism to take from some and bequeth to others) or have high taxes for redistribution or to enrich the ruling class results in a situation where people cease to strive to get ahead, because they know the 'game is rigged' and when they start getting ahead, it is stolen from them by the corrupt government.
- This is America: Injured veteran gets mortgage-free house Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Sunday reflection: Mark 9:2–10 Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- CPAC Panel: How conservatives win in 2016 Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- Carly Fiorina on Putin, Russia and the new cold war Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago