In response to:
Dude - basic facts are that the government can bring in about 16 - 18% of GDP as revenues from taxes. Under GWBush - 18% taxes in and Fed spending at 20% results in bad deficits. Under Obama -16% taxes in (because of the collapse of the housing market brought on by Democrat policies - CRA, etc.) ...and 24% Fed spending results in HORRIBLE deficits. Obama campaigned againt the bad Bush deficits - but ramped up spending. In 2006, Obama critized the 'failure of leadership' in raising the debt ceiling and opposed raising it...but now he wants a blank check and no debt ceiling whatsoever! For Obama - it is not only blatant corruption - it is also complete incompetance!
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Phoenix business owner foils bank robbery by waiting at get-away car with his gun Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Obama: Hey, all these red-state Democrats running away from me are strong supporters who vote with me! Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: The ultimate gross-out Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Scary news from MoveOn: If Republicans win the Senate, they might use a dubious procedure known as “reconciliation” Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Should a minority elect an executive? Maine edition Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago