In response to:
Irrelevant question - because the taxpayer hasn't held politicians feet to the fire to ensure the money was 'invested'. The voter is quite happy to have promises of wonderfully expensive medical benefits AND present day spending that is unsustainable. You might as well postulate that the citizens OWE the victims of Bernie Madoff restitution for the money that Madoff stole. But the victims failed to perform 'due dilagence' and insure that the money was properly invested and wasn't a scam. Well - in the future, our kids/grandkids will likely tell us that we failed to perform the 'due dilagence' and we let the money get spent improperly on various scams, yet we kept re-electing the corrupt politicians, and the kids/grandkids will say that they are under no obligation to pay the bill.
- GAO to audit Oregon’s failed ObamaCare exchange site Mary Katharine Ham 14 minutes ago
- Video: Chris Matthews attempts a do-over during his live show Mary Katharine Ham 54 minutes ago
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- McCain on Ted Cruz: Have these self-proclaimed Reagan Republicans forgotten that Reagan gave amnesty to three million illegals? Allahpundit 3 hours ago