In response to:
Irrelevant question - because the taxpayer hasn't held politicians feet to the fire to ensure the money was 'invested'. The voter is quite happy to have promises of wonderfully expensive medical benefits AND present day spending that is unsustainable. You might as well postulate that the citizens OWE the victims of Bernie Madoff restitution for the money that Madoff stole. But the victims failed to perform 'due dilagence' and insure that the money was properly invested and wasn't a scam. Well - in the future, our kids/grandkids will likely tell us that we failed to perform the 'due dilagence' and we let the money get spent improperly on various scams, yet we kept re-electing the corrupt politicians, and the kids/grandkids will say that they are under no obligation to pay the bill.
- CDC: Up to half a million Ebola cases by end of January Noah Rothman 23 mins ago
- Video: South Park ad hits Redskins … during Redskins game Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- NYT: Daniel Inouye was the senator who told Kirsten Gillibrand that he likes his girls chubby Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Blair: The West had better not rule out ground troops Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Among us: Officials confirm American ISIS fighters have returned to United States Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Buzzfeed finds more lifted text in Mary Burke’s campaign; Update: Burke: Hey, no biggie Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago