In response to:
Irrelevant question - because the taxpayer hasn't held politicians feet to the fire to ensure the money was 'invested'. The voter is quite happy to have promises of wonderfully expensive medical benefits AND present day spending that is unsustainable. You might as well postulate that the citizens OWE the victims of Bernie Madoff restitution for the money that Madoff stole. But the victims failed to perform 'due dilagence' and insure that the money was properly invested and wasn't a scam. Well - in the future, our kids/grandkids will likely tell us that we failed to perform the 'due dilagence' and we let the money get spent improperly on various scams, yet we kept re-electing the corrupt politicians, and the kids/grandkids will say that they are under no obligation to pay the bill.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- DoD renames “unlawful combatants” in detainee manual to … Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Ohio Dem seeks to legislate triple pay for retail workers on holidays Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Should Boehner protest Obama’s amnesty order by refusing to invite him to deliver the State of the Union? Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Unity: Hagel firing brings consensus that Obama foreign policy is broken Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago
- Nonpartisan organization confirms the GOP can defund Obama’s immigration order Noah Rothman 15 hours ago