Correct information - and I have said the same. The US Treasury has a web site listing the official debt as of any date. In mid-May 2013 - the US had hit its borrowing limit, so it did 'under-the-table' borrowing. On Oct 17 or 18 - after Congress raised the debt ceiling, the Treasury suddenly borrowed about $330 billion - to pay back all the under the table loans. So if someone claims the 2013 debt was around $660 Billion - they are ignorant or lying.
- Merry Christmas! Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- U.S. offering $5 million reward for Al Qaeda capo … who was released from Gitmo in 2006 Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- Sony to make “The Interview” available online beginning at 1 p.m. ET Allahpundit 17 hours ago
- Pelosi to Boehner: Force Grimm to resign over tax-evasion conviction Ed Morrissey 19 hours ago
- ISIS shoots down coalition warplane, captures pilot Noah Rothman 20 hours ago