Correct information - and I have said the same. The US Treasury has a web site listing the official debt as of any date. In mid-May 2013 - the US had hit its borrowing limit, so it did 'under-the-table' borrowing. On Oct 17 or 18 - after Congress raised the debt ceiling, the Treasury suddenly borrowed about $330 billion - to pay back all the under the table loans. So if someone claims the 2013 debt was around $660 Billion - they are ignorant or lying.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 44 mins ago
- Hope? Nope, cynicism is the reaction the Obama presidency has earned Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Everybody is running for president: The Bob Ehrlich edition Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- EPA director warns of vanishing snow due to global warming as historic blizzard approaches Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Chart of the day: Why Christie’s probably going nowhere in the primaries Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Good guy with a gun saves… Arby’s Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago