Correct information - and I have said the same. The US Treasury has a web site listing the official debt as of any date. In mid-May 2013 - the US had hit its borrowing limit, so it did 'under-the-table' borrowing. On Oct 17 or 18 - after Congress raised the debt ceiling, the Treasury suddenly borrowed about $330 billion - to pay back all the under the table loans. So if someone claims the 2013 debt was around $660 Billion - they are ignorant or lying.
- State Department: On second thought, we didn’t vet those Clinton Foundation donations Ed Morrissey 17 mins ago
- Trouble: Liberals that attacked Republicans for their email scandals cannot defend Hillary Noah Rothman 46 mins ago
- The witch hunt is on for skeptical climate scientists Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Network anchors on Hillary’s e-mail lawbreaking: “Smells terrible,” “stunning breach of security” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- New Mexico students walk out over Common Core testing Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago