Correct information - and I have said the same. The US Treasury has a web site listing the official debt as of any date. In mid-May 2013 - the US had hit its borrowing limit, so it did 'under-the-table' borrowing. On Oct 17 or 18 - after Congress raised the debt ceiling, the Treasury suddenly borrowed about $330 billion - to pay back all the under the table loans. So if someone claims the 2013 debt was around $660 Billion - they are ignorant or lying.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Meet the laywers defending “campus rapists” Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Iran executes 967th person under Hassan Rouhani. And it’s a woman Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Chris McDaniel appeal rejected in state supreme court Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Video: Palin-bashing CNN anchor claimed Michelle Obama signed bill into law Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Everything is changing after Ferguson, and it should Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago