In response to:
Given that the same alarmist concerns were voiced in the 1930's about an ice free North Pole ...I would say that the alarmism is still there, but the alarmists have changed the causes. OTOH - none of the alarmists can explain the cycles that can occur due to the Pacific Decadal Oscillation, the cycles that occur over 500 years ...(like between the Roman Warm period and the colder Dark Ages period, the Mediveal Warm period, and the following "mini-Ice Age" - that also coincided with the Maunder Minimum - low solar activity (and very few sunspots) ...and then the warming since the "mini-Ice Age". And of course, they can't explain the cycle between ice ages (that last about 100,000 years) ...with a 10,000 to 20,000 year warm period ...and we are about 15,000 years in the present 'warm period' - and lots of scientists wonder if another ice-age might be coming along....and we are powerless to stop it. But...no sense in confusing YOU with any facts that challenge your desire to have the state seize power and control people's lives, regardless of the facts!
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Hmm: Tsarnaev sister arrested for alleged bomb threat Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Infographic of the day: Canada explains Russia and Not Russia to Putin Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- FBI: Russians hackers attacked Wall Street after sanctions imposed Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- Texas jury finds dad not guilty in mysterious shooting of drunk driver who killed his two sons Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Unidentified senator to Kirsten Gillibrand: “Don’t lose too much weight now. I like my girls chubby.” Allahpundit 8 hours ago