Note that typically, the best buy-out offer for taking an early retirement is limited, by law, to $25K. A Federal worker at GS-12 or higher can make that amount of money by not retiring and working 3 additional months. In reality - when buy-outs are being proposed, many workers will hang in there for the added time for the buyouts to become law...and then they take it; without buyout offers, they might have retired earlier.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 13 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 14 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago