You are a simple idiot with distorted facts; every year, the actual costs of the wars were reflected in the total spending and change in National Debt. And in the six years that the Republican's controlled Congress (2001 to 2007), the total debt change went from $5,638B to $7,419B (adjusted constant dollars) ...an increase of $1,771B. Then the Democrats took over ...and went 'full throttle' and increased spending - so that now our national debt is $16.5T (an increase of $9 Trillion. You are correct, Congress is more guilty ...but Democrat Presidents also have a habit of threatening total shutdown if their childish tantrums aren't satisfied ....and more spending is always a demand!
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Kochs’ next dastardly deed: Creating good public defenders for low-income accused Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Reading the early voting tea leaves: Republicans closing the gap Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- White House to red-state Democrats: Don’t blame Precious if you lose Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- ISIS mortar shells now landing in Baghdad’s Green Zone Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- SCOTUS to consider police searches of hotel registries Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago