You are a simple idiot with distorted facts; every year, the actual costs of the wars were reflected in the total spending and change in National Debt. And in the six years that the Republican's controlled Congress (2001 to 2007), the total debt change went from $5,638B to $7,419B (adjusted constant dollars) ...an increase of $1,771B. Then the Democrats took over ...and went 'full throttle' and increased spending - so that now our national debt is $16.5T (an increase of $9 Trillion. You are correct, Congress is more guilty ...but Democrat Presidents also have a habit of threatening total shutdown if their childish tantrums aren't satisfied ....and more spending is always a demand!
- WaPo columnist: Home ownership is a lousy investment Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Video: IRS agents who didn’t pay their taxes get $1 million in bonuses Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Most popular guy in the Party of Fair Share to endorse tax cheat for 23rd term Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Oh, good: The EPA finally, retroactively lowers a 2013 biofuels requirement to reflect the fact that the required biofuels did not actually exist Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- The Scalia – Sotomayor Thunderdome Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago