You are a simple idiot with distorted facts; every year, the actual costs of the wars were reflected in the total spending and change in National Debt. And in the six years that the Republican's controlled Congress (2001 to 2007), the total debt change went from $5,638B to $7,419B (adjusted constant dollars) ...an increase of $1,771B. Then the Democrats took over ...and went 'full throttle' and increased spending - so that now our national debt is $16.5T (an increase of $9 Trillion. You are correct, Congress is more guilty ...but Democrat Presidents also have a habit of threatening total shutdown if their childish tantrums aren't satisfied ....and more spending is always a demand!
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Obama: The world’s always been messy, but now social media is amplifying it Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Video: Hot Air exclusive interview with Gov. Rick Perry Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Hey, maybe Daryl’s gay Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Report: ISIS eyeing Mexican border to infiltrate America and execute terrorist attacks Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- Should Kirsten Gillibrand name the senator who told her “I like my girls chubby”? Allahpundit 5 hours ago