The fiscal cliff legislation doesn't address some of the most important issues that are components of the cliff - the government spending sequester cuts, for example, and the debt ceiling - but the tax cuts were by far the largest issue that needed to be dealt with. As a compromise, tax rates will...
Less than 24 hours after the Senate passed compromise legislation worked out by Mitch McConnell and Joe Biden to restore most of the tax cuts that lapsed on January 1, John Boehner brought it to the House floor, where it passed on the strength of Democrat votes.
- Surprise: UAW folds in VW dispute Ed Morrissey 50 minutes ago
- Drone attacks kill dozens of AQ operatives in Yemen following confab Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- NBC wonders: What makes David Gregory tick? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Ukraine Easter truce collapses, three dead at pro-Russian separatist checkpoint Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Attkisson: CBS News too “ideologically entrenched” to air stories critical of the Obama administration Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- DNC chairwoman: What, politics influencing the president’s Keystone XL delay? Nahhh. Erika Johnsen 17 hours ago