Since Barack Obama's re-election, hundreds...
"In a marriage, where vows are ignored and broken, divorce is the most peaceful solution." But not the right one. The right solution is for the two parties to come to terms with differences and reconcile for the good of the children and/or the society. That may require one or both parties to admit wrongdoing. That may take some serious pride-swallowing. But it is the better alternative to divorce, hands-down. Saying, "We've just grown apart," is no excuse -- your vows don't permit you to grow as individuals in ways that detract from your growth together as a union. The sooner people again view marriage as a promise to do right by each other no matter what, despite their feeling, the better.
For decades, it has been obvious that there are irreconcilable differences between Americans who want to control the lives of others and those who wish to be left alone. Which is the more peaceful solution: Americans using the brute force of government to beat liberty-minded people into submission or simply parting company? In a marriage, where vows are ignored and broken, divorce is the most peaceful solution. Similarly, our constitutional and human rights have been increasingly violated by a government instituted to protect them. Americans who support constitutional abrogation have no intention of mending their ways.
- MSNBC host debates Michele Fiore on Bundy ranch. Does not fare well. Jazz Shaw 29 minutes ago
- A Trojan Horse on amnesty in the defense bill? Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Video: How to get kicked out of a Clay Aiken fundraiser Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- U.S. to announce ground troops to Poland, says… Polish defense minister Mary Katharine Ham 16 hours ago
- Rand Paul to Harry Reid: Simmer down with the “domestic terrorist” rhetoric about Bundy’s supporters Allahpundit 17 hours ago