Many established beliefs about presidential politics have been proved false by Obama's reelection: 1.) The idea that, when unemployment is above 7 percent, incumbents fail; 2.) The notion that incumbent presidents who...
Ron Paul. You forgot Ron Paul. He was exorcised at the RNC. Republicans don't want small gov't, Constitutional gov't, gold-backed money, to shut down the Federal Reserve, to end entangling alliances, to reduce the trillion dollar a year military adventurism, but do want the continuation of trillion dollar deficit spending, enforcement of NDAA, drug laws, IRS theft, and Homeland Security. Why be a Republican? I ask you in all sincerity, why be a Republican?
Even when the economy is terrible, when the incumbent Democratic president has not been able to demonstrate success on job creation or growth, and even when the standard of living for Americans is declining on his watch, the country will choose a Democrat "who cares about the problems of people like me" over the Republican. That alone is enough to make Republican heads spin for some time.
- Video: Months later, ObamaCare exchanges still aren’t working properly Ed Morrissey 44 minutes ago
- The obligatory “LA woman in labor can’t cross street because of Obama’s motorcade” post Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Time: The West is losing Cold War II Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Arizona inmate takes nearly two hours to die by lethal injection in botched execution Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- ISIS reportedly orders women and girls of Mosul to undergo ‘genital mutilation’ Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- WaPo editorial: Why is the world ignoring Hamas’ depravity? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago