Everything that everyone loathes about Washington was present in the "fiscal cliff" bill just passed by Congress. It is 153 pages long; most members probably hadn't read all of it before voting on it; it was delivered in the middle of the night; it was loaded with pork -- the mother's milk (to mix a metaphor) of politicians -- and while the country is already swamped with massive debt, it contains massive giveaways to satisfy interest groups and campaign contributors. Did I mention the bill raises taxes on top of the coming Obamacare taxes, but does nothing -- nothing -- to...
Sadly dysfunctional government is a reflection of the people that placed them in office. The masses of voters that pulled the lever for BHO "just because" (insert lame reason here) could care less about principle. Like it or not elections are determined by those I call the "mushy middle" that lives by either their special interest hand out or by what they hear in a sound bite. The conservatives' only hope is to educate enough of the "mushy middle" to understand and vote for those with conservative values.
- This could be the most embarrassing New York Times editorial ever Noah Rothman 34 mins ago
- IG: Secret Service op on behalf of employee in neighborhood dispute “problematic” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Jeanne Shaheen’s victory lap on chemical weapons in Syria exposes ignorance Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Autopsy shows Michael Brown shot twice at close range Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Christie “tired of hearing about the minimum wage.” Mistake? Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Dems: We’re keeping Pelosi even if we lose Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago