What President Obama has been pushing for, and moving toward, is more insidious: government control of the economy, while leaving ownership in private hands. That way, politicians get to call the shots but, when their bright ideas lead to disaster, they...
Communists and socialists are the only ones who fought fascism throughout the 20s and 30s, for example during the Spanish Civil War. Fascism was marketed to the Western capitalists as the only way to stop the spread of Bolshevism. You can't rewrite history. As for today, I do agree that the American government, under either party, is a fascist one.
It bothers me a little when conservatives call Barack Obama a "socialist." He certainly is an enemy of the free market, and wants politicians and bureaucrats to make the fundamental decisions about the economy. But that does not mean that he wants government ownership of the means of production, which has long been a standard definition of socialism.
- July jobs report: 209,000 jobs added, jobless rate 6.2% Ed Morrissey 28 minutes ago
- Report: New House bill on border crisis will limit Obama’s power to expand executive amnesty to new illegals Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Democrats celebrate ‘midterm gift’ of GOP’s failure to pass border bill Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Eric Cantor gives up, will resign from Congress early Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- 72-Hour ceasefire in Gaza lasted just 90 minutes Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago