The current political wisdom as expressed by the deep thinkers at the Washington Post and the New York Times holds that President Obama stands triumphant and, as such, he is now confidently setting the national agenda. As E.J. Dionne wrote in the Post last week, “He (Obama) is free from the need to save an economy close to collapse, from illusions that Republicans in Congress would work with him readily, from the threat of a rising Tea Party movement, and from the need to run for re-election.” Is that a fact? Today the economy shows an 8% unemployment rate, which is...
There are a few areas with large scale appeal that no one wants to touch: Free trade, Affirmative Action, and immigration. Very few like our jobs being sent overseas and most of us know China cheats and uses slave labor. But no one stand up to China. There is much dislike of AA which puts the majority population to the back of the line, often even behind recent immigrants. And most people understand that immigration these days is largely about cheap labor and hurts the country except employers. And btw recent immigrants rarely vote Repub (ask Sen Amnesty McCain)! So why don't Repubs use some of those issues? Apparently our elite secretly love all the above and can't bear to take them up!
- CIA confesses: Yeah, we hacked the Senate’s computers Noah Rothman 51 minutes ago
- Bill Clinton, September 10, 2001: I could have killed Bin Laden once but called it off because of civilian casualties Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Is Hamas calling it quits? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- House may vote on bill that would block Obama from expanding executive amnesty for illegals Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz issues clear condemnation of Obama Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- Media reacts to Lois Lerner’s new email: ‘Hard to argue’ no political bias there Noah Rothman 4 hours ago