The current political wisdom as expressed by the deep thinkers at the Washington Post and the New York Times holds that President Obama stands triumphant and, as such, he is now confidently setting the national agenda. As E.J. Dionne wrote in the Post last week, “He (Obama) is free from the need to save an economy close to collapse, from illusions that Republicans in Congress would work with him readily, from the threat of a rising Tea Party movement, and from the need to run for re-election.” Is that a fact? Today the economy shows an 8% unemployment rate, which is...
There are a few areas with large scale appeal that no one wants to touch: Free trade, Affirmative Action, and immigration. Very few like our jobs being sent overseas and most of us know China cheats and uses slave labor. But no one stand up to China. There is much dislike of AA which puts the majority population to the back of the line, often even behind recent immigrants. And most people understand that immigration these days is largely about cheap labor and hurts the country except employers. And btw recent immigrants rarely vote Repub (ask Sen Amnesty McCain)! So why don't Repubs use some of those issues? Apparently our elite secretly love all the above and can't bear to take them up!
- Video: Doctor quarantined in California after return from Liberia Ed Morrissey 16 mins ago
- Science: Nobel Prize-winning doctor backs Christie’s quarantine plan Noah Rothman 56 mins ago
- The middle class can’t afford to live in liberal cities Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- In two New York districts, two trouncings to warm your heart Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- TSA confiscates a toy ray-gun belt buckle. Because security. Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago