Not wasting any time, Obama has jumped on every liberal issue that he can since he was inaugurated for his second term. He is not “letting a good crisis go to waste”. Last week it was gun control. The media was on it 24/7. This week it’s all about immigration reform and the push is on. We HAVE to get this done…NOW! Let’s take a deep breath and look at what we will need to deal with if Congress jumps...
Lower immigration, BOTH legal and illegal, would truly help the entire country except employers. Does anyone think adding large numbers of low wage workers helps anyone but employers? Is it an accident H-1B, J-1, L-1, etc workers come overwhelmingly from low wage places like India (forget Japan or Western Europe)? Immigration these days is ultimately about cheap indentured labor. And btw recent immigrants rarely vote Republican. Even Sen Amnesty McCain couldn't change that.
- Hagel: ISIS beyond “just a terrorist group … imminent threat” Ed Morrissey 29 mins ago
- Want to go blind with rage? Read this letter from ISIS to the Foley family Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- “Direct invasion”: Aid convoy enters Ukraine Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Teamsters appeal to “Top Chef” for employment by threatening to bash in Padma Lakshmi’s face Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Rick Perry: It’s entirely possible that ISIS has already crossed the southern border Allahpundit 13 hours ago