Not wasting any time, Obama has jumped on every liberal issue that he can since he was inaugurated for his second term. He is not “letting a good crisis go to waste”. Last week it was gun control. The media was on it 24/7. This week it’s all about immigration reform and the push is on. We HAVE to get this done…NOW! Let’s take a deep breath and look at what we will need to deal with if Congress jumps...
Lower immigration, BOTH legal and illegal, would truly help the entire country except employers. Does anyone think adding large numbers of low wage workers helps anyone but employers? Is it an accident H-1B, J-1, L-1, etc workers come overwhelmingly from low wage places like India (forget Japan or Western Europe)? Immigration these days is ultimately about cheap indentured labor. And btw recent immigrants rarely vote Republican. Even Sen Amnesty McCain couldn't change that.
- Provokatsiya: Russia captures NATO allied Lithuania’s ship in international waters Noah Rothman 20 mins ago
- Susan Rice: I hope everyone realizes it’s going to take “many months” to train these Syrian rebels Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- The unbearable lightness of Hillary, 2016 Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Great news: 36% of Americans can name all three branches of government Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- US Navy spying on private citizens? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Senate’s possible 2016 hopefuls gambling that ISIS war will be unpopular soon Noah Rothman 3 hours ago