Mitch McConnell, the Senate Republican leader, says he “burst into laughter” Thursday when Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner outlined the administration proposal for averting the fiscal cliff. He wasn’t trying to embarrass Geithner, McConnell says, only responding candidly to his one-sided plan, explicit on tax increases, vague on spending cuts.
Geithner’s visit to his office left McConnell discouraged about reaching a “balanced” deal on tax hikes and spending reductions designed to prevent...
Simpson-Bowles, appointed by Obozo. Great suggestions to a balanced budget. COMPLETELY IGNORED BY OBOZO, THE DUMMY WHO APPOINTED THE COMMISSION. good job, not
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Video: President shops at Gap same day his party loses bellwether election in swing state Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Sheila Jackson Lee: We’ve lasted some 400 years operating under the Constitution… Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- Sebelius: Why, no, we have no idea who’s paid for their ObamaCare plans Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Tesla: Chris Christie’s administration just blocked us from selling our cars in New Jersey Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Obama to Putin: It’s not too late to rethink this Crimea thing, you know Allahpundit 10 hours ago