Mitch McConnell, the Senate Republican leader, says he “burst into laughter” Thursday when Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner outlined the administration proposal for averting the fiscal cliff. He wasn’t trying to embarrass Geithner, McConnell says, only responding candidly to his one-sided plan, explicit on tax increases, vague on spending cuts.
Geithner’s visit to his office left McConnell discouraged about reaching a “balanced” deal on tax hikes and spending reductions designed to prevent...
And we are? Since Obozo has followed many of Bush's policies I can see why you like Bush Jr. so well Also, at least Bush didn't kill an American citizen and his child without a warrant or trial or habeus corpus. What frauds the lib Dems are.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Good: Comedienne refuses to apologize for telling jokes Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Shocking report: Obama didn’t even finish Jiro’s sushi Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Who’s up for a Throwback Thursday with Kim Jong Un? Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Georgia governor signs liberalizing concealed carry law Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- McCain: It’s a stain on America’s honor that we haven’t passed amnesty yet Allahpundit 4 hours ago