Mitch McConnell, the Senate Republican leader, says he “burst into laughter” Thursday when Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner outlined the administration proposal for averting the fiscal cliff. He wasn’t trying to embarrass Geithner, McConnell says, only responding candidly to his one-sided plan, explicit on tax increases, vague on spending cuts.
Geithner’s visit to his office left McConnell discouraged about reaching a “balanced” deal on tax hikes and spending reductions designed to prevent...
1.6 trillion over 10 years is 160 billion a year, that would have left over one trillion annual deficit for 2012. Yeah, Obozo is a real brain, like most lib profs he thinks he is much smarter than he really is. And he lies good, a great politician, but a horrible president
- Did Flight 370 continue for four more hours in flight? Ed Morrissey 21 minutes ago
- McClatchy: White House hiding 9,000 documents from Senate probe of CIA Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Video: President shops at Gap same day his party loses bellwether election in swing state Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Sheila Jackson Lee: We’ve lasted some 400 years operating under the Constitution… Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- Sebelius: Why, no, we have no idea who’s paid for their ObamaCare plans Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago