Mitch McConnell, the Senate Republican leader, says he “burst into laughter” Thursday when Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner outlined the administration proposal for averting the fiscal cliff. He wasn’t trying to embarrass Geithner, McConnell says, only responding candidly to his one-sided plan, explicit on tax increases, vague on spending cuts.
Geithner’s visit to his office left McConnell discouraged about reaching a “balanced” deal on tax hikes and spending reductions designed to prevent...
1.6 trillion over 10 years is 160 billion a year, that would have left over one trillion annual deficit for 2012. Yeah, Obozo is a real brain, like most lib profs he thinks he is much smarter than he really is. And he lies good, a great politician, but a horrible president
- Kerry: I’m approaching the Keystone XL pipeline with a totally blank slate Erika Johnsen 48 minutes ago
- The government doesn’t know how many empty buildings it owns — just that they’re costing us billions Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- WSJ/NBC poll: Americans now think sugar is a bigger health threat than marijuana Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Former Republican governor of California invites you to crush things in his tank Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Markey: Natural gas exports, grow the economy? Pish tosh! Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- CNN source: Yes, the Malaysian jet sent engine data hours after it disappeared; AP source: No, it didn’t Allahpundit 4 hours ago