In a 2010 paper Growth in a Time of Debt and again in a book entitled This Time is Different, Harvard economists Ken Rogoff and Carmen Reinhart presented the idea that when a country's ratio of debt to gross domestic product reaches 90% lower economic growth is on the horizon.
However, Rogoff and Reinhart made an Excel Spreadsheet Error in their work that has the economic world in a tizzy.
A new study by three researchers at the University of Massachusetts finds that Rogoff and Reinhart
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 20:1–16 Ed Morrissey 52 mins ago
- Unhappy anniversary: six years of Keystone obstruction Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Video: The solution to the campus sexual assault crisis Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Obama’s ISIS Tap Dance Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago