In a 2010 paper Growth in a Time of Debt and again in a book entitled This Time is Different, Harvard economists Ken Rogoff and Carmen Reinhart presented the idea that when a country's ratio of debt to gross domestic product reaches 90% lower economic growth is on the horizon.
However, Rogoff and Reinhart made an Excel Spreadsheet Error in their work that has the economic world in a tizzy.
A new study by three researchers at the University of Massachusetts finds that Rogoff and Reinhart
- Reading the early voting tea leaves: Republicans closing the gap Mary Katharine Ham 37 mins ago
- White House to red-state Democrats: Don’t blame Precious if you lose Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- ISIS mortar shells now landing in Baghdad’s Green Zone Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- SCOTUS to consider police searches of hotel registries Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Monica Lewinsky’s return is scaring Hillary’s backers Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Video: The only technology that Americans really wanted from the future will soon be real Allahpundit 3 hours ago