Social engineering is a completely idiotic idea. It is like asking the lion to lie down with the lamb and expecting both to get along well. Dr. Sowell's statement of like-minded people migrating to communities of the same like-mindedness(?) is absolutely correct. I'm a middle-class white guy. I have no desire to live in a community where I'm the minority. What do I have in common with Asians, Middle Easterners, Africans, Hispanics, Tongans, etc.? Very little. My customs, approach to life, desires, etc. are all different. I want to live in a community where people take care of their homes and cars and keep to themselves. Therein lies the biggest problem; there is a huge segment of the population that is always out trying to "improve" someone else's life. These people believe that they know better how someone should live, eat, what car they should drive, and on-and-on. If people simply minded their own business, the world would be a better place.
- Breaking: Ray Rice wins appeal, suspension overturned Ed Morrissey 54 mins ago
- Does anyone really want to endorse Obama’s defense policy? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Open thread: The obligatory “Black Friday brawls” post Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Video: “Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens” trailer Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Feud developing between Capitol Hill Dems & White House? Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Ferguson and the sad state of American protesting Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago