Since Barack Obama's re-election, hundreds...
I'm hoping that Texas will lead the way and secede from the Union. It would be a brilliant strategy to get out from under the yoke of the Federal government and would relieve the burden that being part of the U.S. is going to crush the citizenry. Residents of fiscally responsible states will soon be asked to bail out the likes of California, Illinois and New York. That's not going to sit well with a lot of responsible, taxpaying people.
For decades, it has been obvious that there are irreconcilable differences between Americans who want to control the lives of others and those who wish to be left alone. Which is the more peaceful solution: Americans using the brute force of government to beat liberty-minded people into submission or simply parting company? In a marriage, where vows are ignored and broken, divorce is the most peaceful solution. Similarly, our constitutional and human rights have been increasingly violated by a government instituted to protect them. Americans who support constitutional abrogation have no intention of mending their ways.
- CRS report: The administration has missed 44 of its own ObamaCare deadlines Erika Johnsen 29 minutes ago
- Coming soon to the Nevada desert: “BundyFest”? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Oh, was yesterday Earth Day? Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Chris Hayes: In a way, abolishing global warming is like abolishing slavery Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Jeb Bush announces: I’m officially thinking of running for president Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Udall’s first ad in Colorado: The war-on-womenizing we’ve been waiting for Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago