Given recent revelations about government spying on US citizens, I wouldn't support ANY further control of anything by this or any other government. Background checks, while sounding reasonable, AREN'T going to stop urban thugs from getting guns. I doubt very much that those gang members go to a local gun shop and purchase their weapons legally. And, two of the most heinous acts committed with weapons, the Aurora, Colorado theater massacre and the Sandy Hook school slaughter, were committed by people who legally obtained their weapons. Just as you can't fix stupid, you can't legislate mental health. A background check wouldn't have prevented either of these incidents nor the hundreds of slayings happening in American inner cities each year.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014