Ransom's thoughts could also be summarized in the time-tested cliche, "a rising tide lifts all boats". IF the economy was growing at 3-5%, unemployment would drop like a rock. When there are fewer people available to fill jobs, employers are left with no choice but to sweeten compensation. That's either done with higher wages, more benefits or some other off-set (time off?). Just get government out of the way, let this country's entrepreneurs and corporations focus on what they do best; make money and create jobs.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago